"Hope is not about proving anything. It's about choosing to believe this one thing, that love is bigger than any grim, bleak shit anyone can throw at us."
Anne Lamott

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Don't Answer Me......... A song for when I wake up at 3 AM with my head spinning from earlier events.


Today he told me to leave. *"Get the fuck out"* actually. Claims he is going to escape his rehab place. He said that I don't want him home. He called me a fucking asshole. He wouldn't listen to me. I brought the dog to see him. Brain damage or not....I'm not visiting him for three days.  I feel as though I'm wearing myself out for nothing.

4 comments:

  1. You've been through more in the last month than most people go through in their lifetime.. and you have done more for him that anyone will know. You've straightened out many of his messes, and he has no right to talk to you like you aren't a caring person. Sometimes a line has to be drawn... and you have to stand your ground. You are doing the right thing by removing yourself from the situation. I only hope he someday realizes how much you truly do for him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my God Jenny. I hope you stuck to the three days break you need from this insanity. He is with caretakers who know better how to deal with him and he's in a safe place. So you do the same. Take care of Jenny and be safe. I love you. Michele

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUP. I have SO FAR.
    I got three phone calls today.
    One apologizing for being an asshole.
    One requesting I bring him Cocoa Krispies...
    and FINALLY an angry one an hour ago asking if I was out on the town with my boyfriends and that I shouldn't blame him all for the argument. I was the one that started "scatching & hitting".
    (Yeah, that didn't happen.)
    Tomorrow my inlaws are in town and I let them know that I will not be joining them to visit him. It will make it easier, since I'll know he will have SOME visitors.

    I'm waiting for an angrier, meaner message later.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And thank you for your support you guys.
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete