"Hope is not about proving anything. It's about choosing to believe this one thing, that love is bigger than any grim, bleak shit anyone can throw at us."
Anne Lamott

Thursday, July 7, 2011

My Day Today...

I have PMS. So, I'm dangerous. I'm hungry, I'm tired, I have more to do than time & I want to be lazy & life refuses to allow me the luxury.

So I started the day pouting.
I drove to work, I stopped at my usual place for coffee, I had my morning telephone conversation with Mr. *Right* (He always thinks he's right), and I went to work.
And weeded.
I weeded a weed patch.
I lugged and wrestled hoses.
I yelled at testy sprinklers.

During a water break my friend Bambi handed me a gift bag. With a card telling me to hang in there, a little statue of a cardinal, and a tiny pillow with the letters OMG on it. (Private jokes, but very meaningful.) We had such a nice conversation and in the  middle of me talking she said to me:
"JENNIFER! You really are SO PRETTY! I'm not gay or anything, but I just had to say that."
At the time I had dirt smeared ALL over my face. LOL. Oh well, I'll take compliments where I can get em.

And then I went back and weeded a creek bank bead. And Bob The Old Guy came and laughed at my unsteadiness and asked me why my hair was two colors and I asked him if he had anything better to do and what did HE do all day? "Stand and boss people around" is the answer I got. I tol him to go back to doing that.

And I weeded some more.

When the day ended I went to the nursing home and had a decent visit with the hub. Until I told him no and he opted for company with a resident over me.  Silly man left his phone in his room. And I answered it. And it was his friend John. Let's just say his "Escape Plan" for Monday Morning has been foiled. LOL. John said hubs also asked him to "Bring a bag."
"Oh...probably to pack all his stuff in." I said.
"Uh, no....a uh.....*bag*" He said again.
"Yeah. To pack up his stuff." I repeated.
"No...a *bag of recreation".
"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh."
I really AM dense sometimes.

ANWAYS...I left the nursing home and came home to large dog poop all over the living room.

I love my life.

I pray tomorrow will be better.

2 comments:

  1. Tomorrow will be so much better... and if I'm WRONG.. I will post it here.. for the world to see.. Bambi is right though....and I'm not gay either.. not that there's anything wrong with it..

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL.
    I HOPE you are right THIS time!!!!

    ReplyDelete